Personal data is any information that relates to you from which you can be identified.
By visiting www.glossbar.co.uk (our site) or purchasing/booking goods/services by phone or in person you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
- Our details
The data controller in respect of our website is Gloss Bar. You can contact the data controller in writing to Units 3 & 4, 24 King Street, Watford, Hertfordshire WD18 0BP or by sending an email to email@example.com
- Data collected when you visit our website
Our website server automatically logs the IP address you use to access our website as well as other information about your visit such as the pages accessed, information requested, the date and time of the request, the source of your access to our website (e.g. the website or URL (link) which referred you to our website), and your browser version and operating system.
- Data Collected when you book an appointment
When booking services online or in person, we will request your full name, email address and mobile phone number. The purpose of collecting this data is to keep you informed of your upcoming appointment.
- Data Retention
When placing an order for goods and/or services, we retain that information for six years following the end of the financial year in which you place your order. This is in accordance with our legal obligations.
Any personal information used to sign up for our newsletter will be retained for as long as you remain subscribed.
Your personal data will be securely destroyed upon expiry of the applicable retention period. We may anonymise your personal data in some circumstances, rendering it is no longer personal data associated with you.
- Data Security
We take appropriate measures to secure storage and transmission of your information by:
- using secure servers to store your information
- verifying the identity of any individual requesting access to personal information
- using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software to encrypt any information you submit to us via any forms on our website and any payment transactions you make on or via our website
- only transferring your information via closed system or encrypted data transfers
- Data Transmission
Transmission of information over the internet is not entirely secure, and if you submit any information to us over the internet (whether by email, via our website or any other means), you do so entirely at your own risk.
We cannot be responsible for any costs, expenses, loss of profits, harm to reputation, damages, liabilities or any other form of loss or damage suffered by you as a result of your decision to transmit information to us by such means.
- Data Disclosure
If we sell our business or our company assets are acquired by a third party then your personal data may be one of the transferred assets.
We may need to disclose your personal data to third parties to:
- comply with a legal obligation
- enforce our Terms & Conditions
- run our business. Only where necessary, these third parties may include (without limit) our accountants, advisors, independent contractors and insurers.
- protect us, our customers, or contractors against loss or damage. These third parties may include (without limit) the police, courts or law enforcement organisations.
- Payment Information
We do not store your card or payment information for the purpose of processing any future payments for additional goods and services.
- Your Personal Data Protection Rights
In relation to your personal data, you have the right to request:
- access to your personal data held and processed by us. We may charge a nominal fee if additional copies are requested.
- correction of your personal data if it is inaccurate or incomplete. If we shared your data with others, we will notify them too where possible.
- Withdrawal of your consent for us to process your personal data. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing of your data before we received notice that you wished to withdraw your consent.
- to lodge a complaint with the data protection authority. For the purposes of the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the contact details of which are available here: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us in writing to Gloss Bar, Units 3 & 4, 24 King Street, Watford, Hertfordshire WD18 0BP or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We may also need to ask you for further information to verify your identity before we can respond to any request.
- Sensitive Personal Information
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect sensitive personal information about an individual that reveals their racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic information, biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, information concerning health or information concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation. You must not submit sensitive personal information to us.
If, however, you inadvertently or intentionally transmit sensitive personal information to us, you will be considered to have explicitly consented to us processing that sensitive personal information under Article 9(2)(a) of the General Data Protection Regulation. We will use and process your sensitive personal information for the purposes of deleting it.